Saturday 28 May 2011

Mumbo Jumbo

Hello little chickens.  This has been a very bad week for blogging.  My boyfriend has a friend visiting from England so our living room (normally occupied by my store photo shoots) is very much in use, and my usually very generous photographer of outfits (my boyfriend) is taking the week off.  I, too, am busy studying for my final exam in Shakespeare on Wednesday and finishing up a term paper. Ah, the joys of summer school.  It's even worse because I've been wearing the most fun vintage things this week from my massive shop on Monday.  I'm going to have to wear them all again next week so you guys can see, and then I'll get them into the store.  Having my boyfriend's friend visiting from his home in England has me excited for my upcoming trip to visit him and his family in July (yes, this means vintage shopping in London), and has us both a little homesick.  It seems like the perfect time to pay a little homage to my home: Nova Scotia, Canada.  Here are a few photos I took last summer of the things I miss most about home.  Also, tomorrow before seeing our English friend off we'll be taking him to Picnik Electroniik.  It's an outdoor electro concert that takes place every Sunday, all summer long, in the wonderfully vibrant city of Montreal.  I can't wait to vibe to some great music in the sun.  If you're ever in the city, don't miss it.



















I apologize for this massive jumble, but there are so many things to miss about Nova Scotia... deserted beaches, the country, pastel colored houses, sailboats, friends with GREAT beach style, and most of all the ocean to name a few.  A quick note: if you're in Halifax my favorite restaurant is called The Wooden Monkey, and my favorite (and very unique) shop is called Biscuit General Store.  They're about a block away from one another so check them out! There will be much more of this to come when I head home for a month in August.  But for now, I'll be focusing on getting photos of the new stuff in store.

Hope you're all having a good weekend :)

Gabrielle

5 comments:

  1. Such amazing photos, what an awesome place to live in! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pics are amazing. you look stunning! ;)
    your blog is so lovely, I am following!

    Maybe you will have some time to visit my blog and follow if you like to :)

    XXX
    Elzetha,
    http://elzetha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... absolutely nothing of importance happened" ahahaha
    Great photos, love the last one! :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. looove this pictures! amazing blog ;))

    ReplyDelete