Tuesday 10 May 2011

Lonely Birds

Each day that has passed since April 30th I have noticed the streets around the University getting a little bit emptier as students flock home for the warmer months.  This has been both sad and wonderful. I love watching the city come alive with the energy that radiates from the student population, but I am also enjoying looking at a familiar setting in a different light. I am going to be spending a lot of time by myself this summer, and I'm determined to enjoy my own company and to explore the city each day.  Today I spent some time in the park below Mount Royal reading a book for the summer class I'm taking (The Merchant of Venice), and then I went to a new friend's loft for some food. It's a great space with tons of potential and also (importantly) very cheap rent.  I wore some vintage bloomer shorts and a little white blouse, as sometimes I like to look girly and refined when I'm reading.  I'll probably change into jean cutoffs and Keds when I go throw a Frisbee around later with my boyfriend.








We also stopped into a little RAW food shop, before guiltily deciding on the famous Romano's roasted chicken and fries.  I love the decor in this little place and will likely go back.  

Blouse: Club Monaco
Shorts: Vintage
Boots: Steve Madden
Glasses: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment