Monday 9 May 2011

First Days of Summer

The first days of summer.  For students, it means scrambling for jobs, internships, and scraping together the last summer credits we may need before we graduate.  It also means sunshine, literature (for pleasure!) and the freedom to explore the wonderful cities and towns we live in.  For me, that's Montreal. Today I spent the afternoon walking down to the Old Port, hanging out on the grass by the water, and spending time with a friend whose heading back to Vancouver for the summer tomorrow.  I also picked up three summer reads at The Word Bookstore: Heart of Darkness, Portrait of an Artist as A Young Man, and Joyce's Dubliners.  They were all only about $3 each, used!  How lovely.  I wore a light flowing skirt and leather jacket, perfect for the transition from Spring into Summer.  Most of what I wear will eventually be for sale on my Ebay store, which should be up and running by May 15th.




I also ought to men mention that these photos were taken by my lovely and talented friend Brittany Mcgillivray.  You can see more of her work at  bmcgillivray.tumblr.com .

Jacket: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: H&M
Glasses: Vintage

1 comment:

  1. You have certainly captured the beautiful sunshine! I love your skirt!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete