Thursday 19 May 2011

Crosswords and Colors

It is true that you can enjoy a game of scrabble any time of the year.  Having said that, I must admit that two of my favorite things about summer are crosswords and colors.  How many times have you meandered to the park to lie in the grass, and secretly thought to yourself..." My goodness this is rather boring"?  I am happiest when I am outside and either mentally or visually stimulated, and so scrabble is the perfect way to waste an afternoon in the park and manage to feel slightly accomplished at the end of it.  A seven letter word that earns you 50 bonus points? Ecstasy.  These photos are from a few weeks ago on a weekend trip to my boyfriend's father's house in Toronto.  It was a magical three days much of which were perfectly wasted playing scrabble and drinking wine in the great outdoors. Unfortunately for me, my boyfriend is a scrabble master and so I left most games with my tail between my legs.  He, however, enjoyed gloating very much.  I am wearing what I think is a really fun "Skyline" blouse I found at my favorite little shop on Mt. Royal in the sale chest.  It feels both retro and modern at once, and I love it!  I am also wearing black bloomer shorts that are as comfortable as sweats and as cute as just about anything I can imagine.



Now, for the colors.  Although I certainly enjoy the colors of nature, sometimes I think I enjoy what these colors inspire in design and creation even more than the nature itself.  Montreal is tons of fun in that its citizens all seem to enjoy color, and so the city is a myriad of bright facades. I love colorful homes, bikes, painting, and design jobs.  Has anyone ever heard of Kate Lewis? I was visiting a really fun Australian designer's blog called Absolutely Beautiful Things, and came across a woman who paints colorful interiors. I just bought a new (huge) canvas and I've decided to paint something similar.  Here is a photo of one of her paintings, and of the interior I am going to tackle, hopefully starting this weekend.  There are also a few photos of mine of the wonderful color in Montreal.







Happy long weekend to those of you in Canada, and don't forget to check out the vintage clothing I have for sale this week in my last post!

xx Elle

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post, the images are simply fantastic!!! Great blog, I am now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos with the sun shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. photos with vivid colours always make me smile. thx for posting!

    ReplyDelete